Monday, October 21, 2013

Rooftop Day Party: Not like ATL

This will be short and sweet:

I attended a day party in Atlanta (Summer 2011) for my bachelorette party. It was FABULOUS. Everyone was dressed in upscale club gear (we didn't get the memo so we had on sundresses or shorts and flip flops...boooo). Although it was hot and humid, we had a great time with great music (bounce it music...y'all know what I'm talkin' bout) and awesome drink specials. The drinks stayed flowing and we stayed dancing.

By the time we were ready to leave in the early evening, we were in our drunken happiness and ready for dinner! However, we realized that day parties take a lot out of you and there is no need to go out in the evening if you attend a day party. We were SPENT by 9pm!!

SO....

I thought a day party in DC would be similar. I decided to try it for my birthday this past June. Oooo I was wrong!! I invited my girls, we got dressed to the nines, and headed out there feeling and looking fierce.

It was on a rooftop just like in ATL. It was during the day just like in ATL.

....and that is where the similarities ended.

When they said rooftop, they meant rooftop without any shading WHATSOEVER! Just because I'm black, doesn't mean I can't burn!! I mean it was the middle of June...

In ATL, we were able to go under a roof to avoid the sun for the most part. There was also seating areas.

In DC we walked in and everyone looked like they were huddled in the pit of an outdoor concert waiting for the artist to come on stage or in the backyard of their auntie's BBQ. Very limited seating and the food and drinks were ridiculously overpriced with small portions/cups.

RATCHET!!!

Needless to say, we looked like we were going to an upscale club (heels and all) and everyone else looked like they were going to the pool.

If the drinks weren't flowing and it wasn't my birthday with my awesome friends, I would have been in and OUT.

If I go again and that's a big MAYBE, I would go dressed casually, with lots of sunblock on and a full belly. This would probably be better if you are just trying to have a pre-game spot.

In a nutshell:
Day party in ATL - GOOD TIMES!
Day party in DC - SMDH

1 comment: