Friday, October 25, 2013

Fashion Fridays: Foot Candy!!

Y'all know I could talk about shoes ALL DAY!! But, I will try to limit myself to boots (this time).

As much as I hate to admit it, flat boots are in style this Fall/Winter season. I have big feet so wearing flat boots is just not flattering. Especially since I'm only 5'4". Short. With big feet. I look like I'm wearing flippers (at least in my head). Heels elongate my legs and make my feet look smaller (again, this may only be in my head). However, I've realized that Over-the-Knee (OTK...I love acronyms. They are the lazy way of typing or speaking and still sounding cool, unless you over-do it, lol) boots can elongate the leg too!!
 
Winning!!

Anyway, the last couple of times I went out to enjoy some nightlife or even just walking to work from the parking garage, that is all I see women wearing. No stillettos. No heels, period. If you wear heeled boots you are just towering over everyone and uncomfortable (is that what it's like to be tall?).

So...not just flat boots, but the OTK flat boot is what's happenin' right now. I can dig it.

I probably would mostly wear them with skinny jeans/pants, but I have seen some wear it with skirts/dresses.

The boots make the outfit, so the trick is to wear it with something low-key, solids (you don't want to look like you are screaming at everyone as you walk past).

In a nutshell: Leg-lengthening and oozing with sex appeal, OTK boots add instant glam; worn with mini skirts or skinny jeans, they play up your lower half, adding inches of style and miles of chic!







No comments:

Post a Comment